Thursday, April 12, 2007

For My Darker Readers

I've gotten word that a few coloreds have stumbled across a little ol' blog called The Death of a Nation. Needless to say they aren't thrilled (you should hear some of the reviews The White Picket Fence has gotten for not bowing to the "Prince of Pomade"!). Well, since I've reached a new demographic, I'll take this opportunity to address them directly.

Dearest Black America:

Please do not misunderstand what is written here on my humble blog. You're fortunate enough to be somewhat literate (thanks to the very people you hate so much), so you're able to read what I have intended for my kin. While I have nothing to hide from you, my message for you is a little different from the one directed at my White family. Writing to you directly I feel I must change my tone and, on top of that, shift into an interrogative posture... whoa, didn't mean to lose you there. I mean "ask questions" as opposed to making accusations. My purpose is to better understand you, because believe me, I'm completely at a loss.

So, here goes:

What in Hell is the deal with you people? Are you, as a collective, just stupid? Is it in your DNA to be savage animals? Before you blame Whites and our notorious racism, keep in mind that blacks worldwide, especially those without White European influence, live in worse conditions than even the most abused 19th century negro slave. I mean, for f**k's sake, we've given you every opportunity and more to get equal...nay! Ahead! You're blowing it big time, and it's really getting on my nerves. Dare I say, our nerves. Get your sh** together pronto, because if history is any indicator, Whites don't take too much for too long.

Your Temporarily Peaceful Neighbor,
My Brothers' Keeper

Post Scriptum- For the educated young negress who questioned my grasp of the mechanics of the English language: I put the apostrophe after the "s" in "Brothers" because I have many "siblings". You see, I am referring to Whites, and they are all my responsibility. You can review this simple lesson in my native tongue here.

3 comments:

Laurel Loflund said...

Funny, I figured out your use of the plural in your username without much fanfare and thought others could do the same.

God bless,
Laurel

;-)

...My Brothers' Keeper said...

I'd imagine you weren't off smoking crack and conceiving illegitimate niglets while you were supposed to be in school. Undoubtedly just the beginning of a plethora of differences between you and my targets.

How's the weather in Aztlan?

Laurel Loflund said...

We've had a lot of wind the last few days, more than I can remember, although today it settled down some. Spring break has kept me insulated from the winds of change here in what some usurpers would like to call Aztlan, but I will be back to work pretty soon and will tell you how those winds blow at that time.

No, I wasn't off doing reprehensible deeds when I was supposed to be studying, with the result that the English language is a source of joy and blessing to me (except when I make typos and can't edit comments, which drives me appropriately crazy).

Besides, back when I was in school having illegtimate kiddos of any stripe was cause for ostracism and outright shame. The drug culture was in its fledgling days, and crack cocaine was unheard of.

But I wouldn't have done either anyway. One has to have a little self-respect, you know.

God bless,
Laurel